Verification of Identity
Applicants who wish to apply for a verification of their Afghan Identity at the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan must provide their Afghan Identity documents which includes the following:
- Tazkira (Afghan National ID card) certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- If the applicant does not have a Tazkira, they must provide the Tazkira details of their father, grandfather, brother, sister, or uncle. Any other relevant Afghan documents such as education documents, refugee card, marriage certificate etc. can also be provided.
- The Verification of Identity Application form must be completed correctly and submitted to the Embassy for processing.
- It is necessary for the applicant to attend an interview in person at the Embassy and provide copies of their Afghan documents as well Australia or New Zealand documents.
- A $25 processing fee must be paid by Money Order payable to ‘The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’.
Please note, that the copy of Tazkira(s) will be sent to the Ministry of Interior Affairs for verification. Therefore, the issuance of Verification of Identity documents is strictly subject to approval from the Ministry of Interior Affairs.
Download the application form from the link below.
Download Verification of Identity Application Form