News

Fresh avalanches have hit northern Afghanistan just days after devastating snow slides killed more than 280 people.

 

Officials in Afghanistan's Panjshir Valley said new avalanches 40 metres high hit the region, cutting off access to remote villages.

 The area had already been devastated by avalanches and flooding in recent days thought to be the worst in 30 years.

Last week, 286 people were killed and more than 1,200 homes were destroyed by the huge sheets of snow, which engulfed whole villages as they swept down from the Afghan peaks after days of heavy blizzards.

The death toll is expected to rise and it is feared people remain trapped in the snow.

One of the worst-hit communities remains cut off and authorities are dropping food parcels from the air.

Afghan president Ashraf Ghani cancelled a state visit to Iran and declared three days of national mourning.

The blizzards also cut power supplies to Kabul and neighbouring provinces after heavy snowfall damaged cables running through the Salang Pass, part of the Hindu Kush mountain range that connects the capital to the north.

Afghan authorities said it would take them at least three weeks to restore normal power to the capital.

Deadly avalanches are common in Afghanistan's mountainous areas in winter.

One in the remote far-north-east in 2012 left 145 people missing, presumed dead.

Despite the billions of dollars in aid from the international community after the collapse of the Taliban in 2001, Afghanistan remains among the world's poorest nations after decades of conflict.

Rescue efforts after disasters such as avalanches and flash floods — which often hit as snow melts in the spring — are frequently hampered by lack of equipment.

Poor infrastructure makes it difficult for rescue teams to reach isolated areas.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-02/fresh-avalanches-hit-northern-afghanistan/6273104?section=world

ملاقات وزیر امور خارجه با وزیر مهاجرین و عودت کننده گان

 

 

 

 

 

کابل – جلالتمآب صلاح الدین ربانی وزیر امور خارجه، قبل از ظهر امروز، با جلالتمآب سیدحسین عالمی بلخی، وزیر امور محاجرین و عودت کننده گان جمهوری اسلامی افغانستان در دفتر کارش، ملاقات نمود

 برای بازدید از گزارش مذکور به این لینک کنید.

اعلامیه مطبوعاتی

اعلامیه مطبوعاتی

شهر کنبرا-16 فبروری 2015 مطابق 27 دلو 1393

شام یکشنبه (15 فبروی 2015) تیم کرکیت افغانستان از سوی سر پیتر کاسگروف، گورنر جنرال استرالیا در مقر خانه دولت استرالیا مورد پذیرش قرار گرفت. در این برنامه گورنر جنرال طی سخنانی تیم کرکیت افغانستان را خوش آمدید گفته و دست آوردهای این تیم را چشم گیر توصیف کرده از آن قدردانی کرد.

سپس در این برنامه نصیر احمد اندیشه سفیر افغانستان در استرالیا و زیلاند نو و کاپیتان تیم کرکیت افغانستان، محمد نبی، نیز به نوبه خود از دولت و مردم استرالیا و شخص گورنرجنرال ابزار قدردانی کردند.

این برنامه در حالی برگزار شد که مقامات وزارت امور خارجه استرالیا، وزارت دفاع استرالیا، و دیپلومات های استرالیایی که در جلب کمک ها به افغانستان نقش برجسته ایفا کرده اند، نیز حضور داشتند. این برنامه پذیرش، در نوع خود یک برنامه خاص برای تشویق تیم کرکیت افغانستان بود که در جام جهانی مسابقات کرکیت راه یافته و چشم های زیادی به آن دوخته شده است.

حضور تیم کرکیت افغانستان در جام جهانی امسال، توجه زیادی را جلب کرده است و قرار  است اولین مسابقه تیم افغانستان در برابر بنگلادش به تاریخ 18 فبروری در شهر کنبرا برگزار گردد.

 

بااحترام

سفارت جمهوری اسلامی افغانستان، کنبرا

Afghanistan does itself proud at the Cricket World Cup

 

 

By Associated Press February 22 

All sentiment aside, Afghanistan’s cricketers showed Sunday why they belong at the World Cup. Later in the day, India indicated why it might be a strong chance to repeat as champions, beating one of the favorites, South Africa, by 130 runs. 

The Afghanis, making their first appearance at the tournament, arrived with plenty of pride and strong support from some 25,000 expatriates who now call the co-host countries of Australia and New Zealand home — and many others who want the fledgling team to do well. 

At Dunedin, New Zealand, the side — with some players who first took up the game in Pakistan refugee camps while escaping their neighboring war-torn country — pushed higher-ranked Sri Lanka to the limit before losing by four wickets. 

Sri Lanka was in trouble when Afghanistan’s bowlers took early wickets, but the more established team prevailed, scoring the winning runs with only 10 balls remaining. Asghar Stanikzai led Afghanistan with 54 of its 232 runs, while Mahela Jayawardene scored 100 runs to push Sri Lanka to 236-6 and victory. 

It was Afghanistan’s second loss in a row in the tournament while Sri Lanka evened its record at 1-1. 

“We started very well for the first 30 overs but after that we didn’t play well,” said Afghanistan captain Mohammad Nabi, one of those who spent time in a refugee camp in Peshawar, Pakistan. “It was a tough and tight game and the boys played very well.” 

Jayawardene said “all credit to Afghanistan, they batted very well in tough conditions and then bowled beautifully ... and put us under a lot of pressure.” 

Later, before more than 86,000 fans at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, most of them cheering for India, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the toss and India went on to score 307-7, with opener and eventual man of the match Shikhar Dhawan leading his side with 137 runs. 

South Africa could only manage 177 in reply, losing for the first time at a World Cup to an Indian side which has been in Australia for more than three months. During that time, India completed a test and one-day international series without winning a match, so its second win in two matches, including over archrival Pakistan in its opener, was surprising. 

Some of the biggest cheers on the night from the partisan Indian crowd came when the retired Sachin Tendulkar, attending his first World Cup match as a spectator, was shown on the big screen at the MCG. Tendulkar played six World Cup tournaments for India, top-scoring at the 1996 and 2003 editions and leading India to its win four years ago. 

In the only match Monday, any realistic chance England has of making the quarterfinals will be on the line when it takes on Scotland at Christchurch, New Zealand. 

England has lost its first two matches by big margins, to Australia by 111 runs and to New Zealand by eight wickets. 

 

 

اطلاعیه جهت پذیرایی از تیم کرکیت افغانستان در کنبرا



اطلاعیه جهت پذیرایی از تیم کرکیت افغانستان در کنبرا

13 فبروی 2015-کنبرا-----


همان گونه که قبلا به اطلاع عموم رسانیده شده است، اینک دوباره به تمامی افغان های مقیم استرالیا، به خصوص شهر کنبرا، رسانیده می شود که به تاریخ 14 فبروری 2015، برنامه پذیرایی از تیم کرکت افغانستان، که در مسابقات جام جهانی کرکت در استرالیا بسر می برند، در پایتخت استرالیا شهر کنبرا برگزار می شود.
حضور هموطنان عزیز در این برنامه جهت تشویق و پذیرایی تیم کرکیت کشور بر شکوه برنامه مذکور خواهد افزود. بنابراین از شما و خانواده های نجیب تان صمیمانه دعوت می شود تا با شرکت تان در این برنامه، تیم کرکیت کشور را بدرقه نمائید.

زمان: ساعت 4 تا 6 بعد از ظهر؛
تاریخ: 14 فبروری 2015، مطابق به 25 دلو 1393؛
مکان: مرکز شهر کنبرا، یا Civic Square off London Circuit in Canberra (adjacent to the Legislative Assembly Building)

بااحترام
سفارت جمهوری اسلامی افغانستان، کنبرا